► Kênh hỏi đáp và giải thích thắc mắc kiến thức MIỄN PHÍ → truy cập LINK NHÓM: ENGLISH AMOM
► Kênh YOUTUBE hệ thống toàn bộ bài giảng CLIPS: truy cập LINK: ENGLISH AMOM CHANNEL
► Kênh TIKTOK: ENGLISH AMOM
1) Work in pairs. One looks at Picture A, and the other looks at Oicture B on page 15. Ask other questions to find out the similarities and differences between your pictures.
- Similarities: a conical hat with a string
Picture A: light green, pictures between layers, blue string => look darker
Picture B: white, no decoration, pink string => look lighter
2) Mi visited Tay Ho village in Hue last month. She has decided to present what she knows about this place to the class.
Read what she has prepared and match the titles with the paragraphs.
1. Present status of the craft
2. Location and history of conical hat making village
3. How the conical hat is made
А. When you think about the conical hat, the first thing you think of is the region of Hue. Conical hat making has been a traditional craft there for hundreds of years, and there are many craft villages like Dale, Phu Cam, and Doc So. However, Tay Ho is the most famous because it is the birthplace of the conical hat in Hue. It is a village on the bank of the Nhu Y River, 12 km from Hue City.
B. A conical hat may look simple, but artisans have to follow 15 stages, from going to the forest to collect leaves to ironing the leaves, making the frames, etc. Hue's conical has always have two layers of leaves. Craftsmen must be skillful to make the two layers very thin. What is special is that they then add poems and paintings of Hue between the two layers, creating the famous bai tho or poetic conical has.
C. Conical hat making in the village has been passed down from generation to generation because everybody, young or old, can take part in the process. It is a well-known handicraft, not only in Viet Nam, but all around the world.
3) Read the text again and answer the questions.
1. Why is Tay Ho the most well-known conical hat making village?
2. How far is it from Tay Ho to Hue City?
3. What is the first stage of conical hat making?
4. What is special about the hat layers?
5. What is special about the bal tho conical hat?
6. Who can make conical hats?
1. Because it is the birthplace of the conical hat in Hue.
2. It's 12 km from Hue City.
3. It's going to the forest to collect leaves.
4. They're very thin.
5. It has poems and paintings of Hue between the two layers.
6. Everybody can, young or old.