► Kênh hỏi đáp và giải thích thắc mắc kiến thức MIỄN PHÍ → truy cập LINK NHÓM: ENGLISH AMOM
► Kênh YOUTUBE hệ thống toàn bộ bài giảng CLIPS: truy cập LINK: ENGLISH AMOM CHANNEL
► Kênh TIKTOK: ENGLISH AMOM
1) Read an article about the Perfume Pagoda. Look at the words in the box, then find them in the text and underline them. What do they mean?
|vast pilgrims theme backdrops reign|
Perfume Pagoda is a religious site as well as being a great sight-seeing spot in Viet Nam. It is situated in Huong Son Commune, My Duc District, Ha Noi. It is a vast complex of Buddhist temples and shrines, including Den Trinh (Presentation Shrine) and Thien Tru (Heaven Kitchen) Pagoda, in the limestone Huong Tich mountains. The centre of this complex is the Perfume Temple, also called Chua Trong (Inner Temple), located in Huong Tich Cavern. It is thought that the first temple was built on the current site of Thien Tru in the 15th century during the reign of Le Thanh Tong. Over the years some of its structures which were in ruins have been restored or replaced.
Many Vietnamese works of literature, both old and modern, have made Perfume Pagoda their focus. It has also provided backdrops for many famous paintings. Its beauty has been used as a theme of many famous songs and a topic of lyric poetry. Nowadays during its festival (from the middle of January to the middle of March on the lunar calendar), Perfume Pagoda attracts large numbers of pilgrims from all over Viet Nam.
+ vast (adj): rộng lớn, to lớn (về kích cỡ, số lượng)
+ pilgrim (n): người hành hương - người đi đến 1 vùng linh thiêng vì lý do tôn giáo.
+ theme (n): chủ đề hoặc ý chính
+ backdrop (n): tấm màn lớn
+ reign (n): triều đại
2) Read the article again and answer the questions
1. Where is the Perfume Pagoda located?
2. What does the complex of the Perfume Pagoda include?
3. Where is the centre of this complex located?
4. What is special about the beauty of the Perfume Pagoda?
5. Who visits the Perfume Pagoda during its religious festival?
1. It is located in Huong Son Commune, My Due District, Ha Noi.
2. It includes Den Trinh (Presentation Shrine), Thien Tru (Heaven Kitchen) Pagoda, and the Perfume Temple.
3. The centre of this complex, the Perfume Temple, also known as ChuaTrong (Inner Temple), is located in Huong Tich Cavern.
4. Its beauty has been used as a theme of many famous songs and a topic of lyric poetry.
5. Pilgrims from all over Viet Nam do.